Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Long Long Days

Yesterday the washing machine repair man came to look at the washing machine. He was really nice and spent two hours here. Unfortunately he woke Nyla up and did not repair the machine. So Nyla was tired yesterday and she ended up sleeping later this morning. That threw her off schedule so I decided to head to the laundromat if she wasn't going to sleep. I did 5 loads of laundry of which 3 came out clean. The other two will need to be redone including the load of diapers which can't wait. I need them so I can pack. At least some of Bohdin's socks are now clean. He doesn't like wearing his socks without shoes. We get a new washing machine later this week but it's too late to help me.

It was a long afternoon yesterday with the repairman and Nyla not sleeping. She was fussy and tired but refused to sleep. I made meatloaf for dinner which Nyla loved. Buddy ended up being shortchanged since Nyla ate so much of it. If we hadn't gone swimming after dinner there might not have been any left by the time Buddy came home. Somebody knocked on the door while I was serving dinner. It was our old downstairs neighbors. We had problems with these people from the day we moved in. These units are not built well and we have wood floors and a little boy. We were always too loud for them. They eventually moved out and found a tenant. I've spoken with her a few times and everything seemed okay. Well our old neighbors came to inform me that they wrote a letter to our landlord because their tenant complained of noise.

Nyla is awake now from her mini nap. No break for me today.

For a laugh after that downer post check out this blog of professional cake wrecks. I like the wedding cake gone wrong, and the creepy baby, and well most of them. There are about 3 pages.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so has your landlord responded?