Wednesday, July 23, 2008

No Smoking

We went to the playground the other night and Bohdin wanted to play store. I was being eaten by mosquitoes so I told him we would set up a store when we got home. I remembered yesterday so I set it up for him. He decided he needed some signs for his store. He wrote these signs all by himself except for the N in open. He also has a no eating and no playing sign. I thought he did a great job writing it. I also had to cover up some of the paper so his letters would fit the page.

 

Just FYI you can click on the pictures to make them larger.

Our washing machine broke yesterday during a load of diapers. Luckily I suppose I ran a rinse cycle first so they're not as dirty as could be. I still have to fish them out of the sudsy water. I'm postponing that. I'll have to go to somebody's house or more likely a laundromat today to get them washed. Nyla pees a lot and since she's been going around with just a diaper I tend to change her after one pee. Anybody who thinks this is obvious either doesn't have babies or know how often they pee. Babies usually are sitting in wet diapers. We havne't heard back from the landlord about what will happen. Part of the standard rental agreement in this area is a repair deductible. Ours is quite low for the area at $100. I don't know how much washing machine repair costs. My guess is the motor is shot. It's not getting electrical power and I checked the fuse box. The agitator hadn't been working very well for a few months.

I don't usually respond to anonymous comments but I'm posting some video of Nyla walking.


This one is Nyla trying to play chase with Bohdin.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Personally, I was more interested in Bohdin's unique lyrical stylings; I'm going to have "Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a pillow" in my head all day. Such a fondness for taking a popular song and imposing his own words makes me wonder if you don't have a burgeoning "Weird" Al on your hands . . . or, since you're near D.C., maybe Mark Russel, but I'm holding out for "Weird" Al.

Anonymous said...

I'm just being lazy by using "anonymous", so I appreciate you responding anyway. And what great progress Nyla has made in her walking! So, is she a "walker" yet???? She seems to be doing a good job of it.
And I bet you are happy to hear something besides ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYandZ....
I am very impressed with Bohdin's writing skills, seeing as he just decided recently to use a writing instrument.
So, quite a lot of progression for both of them this past month!
Thank you so much for the film footage!

Nana

(there, I signed it)

P said...

So you may not have noticed when you watched the video, but Bohdin knocked over like 15 things running around. And it was a 60 second clips. Do they not sell those toddler cages anymore? what has become of this world, when we are too soft to imprison our own children.