Bohdin thought we should do a birthday cake with a candle so I let him pick out a cake mix from the store. When I came home and looked at the ingredients there was more sugar than flour. There was a ton of other crap in it so I decided we would make one from scratch. What kind of cake has more sugar than flour? Bohdin wasn't too bummed because I told him we would use the cake mix for his birthday. He has a really long memory but I'm hoping he'll forget. Bohdin enjoys baking and was able to help. His job is to take out the eggs, cut the butter and leveling the flour in the cup. He also decided to spoon the batter into the pan. Afterwards he was so excited to clean up. He uses a ton of water but we can work on that.
Bohdin spooning batter
Cleaning up - He was actually whining because I was taking to long the take the rest of the batter off the spoon before he could clean it.
Cake decorating - Bohdin picked out the sprinkles
The birthday girl
3 comments:
and a sweet birthday girl she is............
happy birthday Nyla. see you in a few days
Dear Bohdin
What a sweet brother you are to help make Nyla a birthday cake AND help clean up AND give away a book you worked hard to get.
I love you,
Nana
Post a Comment