We went to the playground in the evening and the little boy with the weird dad was there again. Bohdin had the best time playing with him. We were there for over an hour. I stuck close to Nyla and didn't talk to the dad much. Nyla played on the smaller playground structure and enjoyed it. Next time I'll have to bring the camera. I hated to end his good time but it was getting late and rain was threatening. We made it home as the first drops started falling.
Bohdin loves to play chase and he and the little boy ran around for quite some time. Bohdin ran around screaming like a girl. It was a short high pitched scream. I take the blame on this one. Whenever he would chase me I would give a mock scream. Now he does it but I wish he wouldn't. I need to stop doing at as well. I had no idea how annoying it sounded.
Nyla was dirty from crawling around the playground and Bohdin was sweaty so it was bath time upon coming home. Nyla likes to watch Bohdin take a bath and has wanted to get in on several occasions only to immediately want out again. Last night she wanted in and stayed in. It was the first time they've taken a bath together without an adult in there with them. It seems like a huge milestone. Nyla was making silly faces by smashing her face into the glass. I wish I had a picture of that.
Buddy wins the walking bet. According to Bohdin, our neutral 3rd party, she started walking on Tuesday or Monday. Whichever day those videos were filmed. We went to the pool that day and Nyla was walking around like usual. Bohdin looked up and said "Nyla is walking" very excitedly. He said it again later. I didn't notice a difference from the previous day. Bohdin declares her as walking.
Since Todd mentioned it, I'll talk about it briefly. For a long time Bohdin would only sing the ABC sing. Out of the blue one day he sang Row Your Boat. He sang it correctly but now prefers his silly versions. One of his favorite things to do is say silly things. It's an age thing. An ongoing joke for us is "Have you been eating a ___ muffin?" The blank has been filled with everything from bacon to truck. On the way out of the commissary yesterday Bohdin noticed they had dug up Green Island which is our name for the raised bed outside the store. I told him it looked like brown island now so we went off naming different islands - orange island, car island, etc. When he finally asked if I had ever seen road island I chuckled. I never have been to Rhode Island but I ought to.
See those comments are useful. They help me with things to write. I'll talk about the comments regarding prices another day. I still need to decide what to do for Nyla's birthday tomorrow.

2 comments:
The really fun nonsense stage with kids is when thy decide to make up their own knock-knock jokes, which can be either very straightforward:
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Water."
"Water who?"
"Water spilled out of my cup!"
or very absurdist:
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Geranium."
"Geranium who?"
"Geranium chocolate milk splash!"
Happy to have served as a blogging muse; if only I could inspire myself as easily.
didn't you go to college Helen? twice? and here you are getting your inspiration from a 3 year old. No but seriously does he haven't any stock tips for me? Is gas going to hit $5.00 a gallon this year. I need to know can you ask Bohdin, my Finance classes where useless.
Post a Comment