Monday, July 14, 2008

Clean Up

Last night Bohdin and I made popcorn together. I think the air popped variety is better and I think Bohdin agrees. He was taking the big bowl off the counter when it slipped and almost the entire contents emptied onto the floor. I didn't know what to say. We didn't have enough brewer's yeast left to make another batch. The floor was relatively clean. While I was making up my mind Bohdin started to push the popcorn into a pile so he could put it back in the bowl. I grabbed the bowl and emptied out the clean popcorn for myself before helping him pick up the popcorn off the floor. If he thought it was still good enough to eat, I wasn't going to argue. We picked up as much as we could. Bohdin got the broom and swept up the crumbs into a pile for me. (He's good with a broom.) Then he got the vacuum so I could get it off the rug in the kitchen. I thought he did a nice job cleaning up and I never had to say a word.

Later we were reading books. He went into the kitchen to get some more OJ and brought it into the bedroom. He poured himself a cup. He took the cup from the nightstand and then peed his pants. It was so random and unlike him. He told he would get the baking soda to clean it. He took off his dirty pajamas and got new ones and cleaned up the mess. I had to help him more with this one since it was carpet. I don't understand why he did that. Nyla has been going without a diaper a bit recently and has peed but not on the carpet. I don't know if that was a factor or if he just wanted to clean the carpet which he enjoys doing. Unfortunately he's not very good at cleaning the carpet so he is just a helper while I do the hard scrubby work.

I went to the commissary (military grocery store) on Friday. Soon after I entered I smelled something. I sniffed neat Nyla's butt and thought she had pooped. It wasn't Nyla though. It was the smell of rotting produce. Have I ever mentioned what a ghetto area we live in? The dad I was talking to at the playground the other day has lived all over the northern US and he said this is by far his least favorite place. His favorite is Chicago in case anyone is interested and he grew up in Cleveland which he also likes.

2 comments:

P said...

wow Cleveland and Chicago. Don't tell Jen or she might leave me for him. After all Cleveland is her favorite city.

Anonymous said...

Was this another example of the 300 second rule??