Friday, July 11, 2008

Love

The past several days I've been impressed with how well Bohdin has been taking care of Nyla. It's fun to hear him say the exact same things I say to her. When she gets fussy, he'll run to get her a carrot or a toy. When she has something she shouldn't, he'll take it away and give her something appropriate. In the car, I ask Bohdin to sing to her when she's crying and it usually calms her down. When we were in Philly on the bus one day, Nyla started fussing. Without prompting Bohdin started belting out the ABC song. He's by no means always nice.

Bohdin trying to ride Nyla.
 

Bohdin holding Nyla's foot while walking down the street.
 

Bohdin covering Nyla with a fabric cube. All of that stuff scattered around used to be in the cube but Nyla emptied it out. He also tried to play "make the box move" the other day which involved covering her with a cardboard box and watching her crawl. I put an end to that game quickly. She wasn't complaining but at the very least a bigger box was needed.



Bohdin received some new things for his Thomas track yesterday from Nana. He loves it all but I think his favorite is the risers which allows us to build higher track. He's been having a lot of fun with his new stuff.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Ah, the simple pleasures I missed out on by being an only child; I've tried to make up for it by psychologically torturing those I've adopted as my honorary siblings (*waves to Buddy*), but I'm sure it's just not the same.

P said...

I feel bad for Nyla, Bohdin is going to pick on her for a long time. When the boy is younger, he gets picked on until he gets stronger.