Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The crappy week continues

It is 4:12 here right now. By this time if everything goes well Bohdin would be almost 2 hours into her nap and Nyla would be waking up from her longer nap. Instead she refused to take a morning nap and finally in exhaustion fell asleep at noon. Almost 30 minutes later she woke up. She was still tired but you can't force someone to sleep. I decided to stop at the library and the commissary while I had a chance. We weren't gone that long but in the time we were gone the washing machine delivery man arrived. I was told that it would be delivered on Thursday or Friday but when we had left there was no message indicating its imminent arrival. I thought I was safe. About 30 minutes later it showed up. Now it will be delivered on Monday hopefully. I don't know how it's going to work out since I'll be in Colorado then (fingers crossed) and Buddy can't sit around all day waiting for it. At least Bohdin and Nyla are playing nicely right now.

It rained yesterday afternoon so I thought it would be a little cooler in the evening. I stepped outside with the stroller and thought I had walked into a sauna. Or maybe one of those Korean 170 degree steam rooms. We went to the playground but we couldn't stay long. I was melting and getting eaten by bugs at the same time. When I came home Buddy had arrived and I directly handed Nyla to him.

me: I need to take a cold shower. I'm dying.
Buddy: Oh man. You do look bad.

Not the reaction I was looking for but I hope I looked better after a cold shower. I certainly felt better.

2 comments:

P said...

I my younger days, I would walk up to girl I know and ask them if they stayed up all night or had just been crying. I really amplifies the fear that people think they look horrible in public and would laugh as they would beeline for the nearest bathroom. Boy Bohdin is gonna love that trick, he has so much to learn from me.

Anonymous said...

You can be so mean. It's awful that you were so popular. I