Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fine Young Cannibals

Buddy chose this post title at lunch yesterday. Since he was going to be home really late, he called and asked us to meet him for lunch. I packed up the ribs that Buddy had put in the slow cooker the previous evening along with some beans, coleslaw, and cherries. We ate at the playground near his work. Bohdin put too much meat in his mouth and had to take it out. He put part of it on the ground and asked if birds like people ribs. Buddy said that vultures like to eat meat. Then Bohdin asked if we like to eat people ribs. We do not.

I stopped at the commissary quickly while Buddy stayed at the playground with the kids. It felt like a vacation to go by myself. I was quiet the entire time. Normally our trips sound like this: We're not going to buy any pistachios. We don't need bananas today. We already have broccoli at home. Go get a green bean for Nyla so she'll stop fussing. We're not going to buy that. We're not getting that. Can you get out of that person's way? Don't do that, it's dangerous. We're not getting sushi. Yes, you can put it in the basket.
It just goes on and on. So it was nice to be in the store and not talk to Bohdin or have his help.

I really enjoy and appreciate the comments that people make. I tallied the numbers for June and it looks like Paul won in a squeaker for 1st place.

Paul - 12
Todd - 11
Mom - 9

Here are my two favorite comments:
Isn't Bohdin about 50 years too young for the black socks and shorts look? Anna

I remember my first trip to the beach as a kid, I did the same thing as Bohdin, letting the water move the sand around my feet; at that point in time, it was the freakiest, yet coolest, feeling in the world. Can't even begin to tell you how long I stood there doing it. Cap'n Neurotic

11 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Looks like I'm going to have to step up the commentating. You're going down, Paul!

Cap'n Neurotic said...

So, was mentioning the fact that Budrow came up with the title a case of "credit where credit is due" or more of a "don't blame me for the dated reference, blame my husband" sort of thing? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Your grocery store trips sound eerily similar to mine. I have to tell Wendy a lot of those same things. Especially the sushi line.

Anonymous said...

A little of both Todd.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

It's funny, Craig, but when I first read the post since Helen mentioned Buddy's name at the beginning of hte grocery store paragraph I was picturing her saying all of that stuff to him, especially "Don't do that, it's dangerous." Almost posted something to that effect, but didn't want to be accused of trying to pad my comment numbers . . .

Unknown said...

so what do I win for first place?

P said...

The Einstein comment was me, just add it to my tally. In your face Todd.

Anonymous said...

You need to work on quality Paul. Even with the most posts none of them made it into the favorite pile.

P said...

hey you start announcing prizes and then I will start thinking about sob stories, until then all you get is the shotgun approach.

Anonymous said...

all the anonymous comments are mine!

Anonymous said...

No their not. This one for example.