Thursday, July 10, 2008

Farmer's Market

I finally made it to the farmer's market which is a short walk from the house. I was disappointed in the size and selection. There were 6 booths with only 3 having produce. The amount and type was quite limited. They were selling varieties I could buy in the grocery store. It sure made me miss our garden. I did buy some corn which was fine. We haven't eaten the squash yet but if it's not tasty I may not go back. In California, the produce is amazing. In Colorado it was pretty good since the major grocery stores carried local produce when possible. That's not possible here so we have to eat produce that has been shipped across the country.

I don't think I've done a good job of capturing Nyla but that has been difficult for me. I don't want to write something that's not very nice and with Nyla's temperament there is a lot I could write. She was crying like her world ended yesterday when I wouldn't let her put the sharp seam ripper in her mouth. We have those kind of struggles often and the frequency will be increasing as she gets older. There is one great thing that I've never mentioned. Nyla loves taking showers. When she hears the water running she comes racing into the bathroom and pleads to get in. That was difficult when Buddy was gone because I prefer to take a shower without her. It's easier to wash my hair and stuff with 2 hands. The times I do take her in, I can see why Buddy loves taking her in the shower. Nyla is a great hugger and she hugs in the shower. Buddy does a great job of getting her clean but he really does it for the hugs. There have been several instances when she has fallen asleep in the shower. She's awake now so that is all for today.

No comments: