Friday, July 18, 2008

Vegetarian

Bohdin was grumpy after dinner so we all headed outside. Buddy had asked Bohdin if he wanted to see Wall-E at the theater but he said no. He of course changed his mind later but it was too late. He decided he wanted to go to the movie store so we walked to Blockbuster and then the grocery store for the Lipton Iced Green Tea Buddy has fallen in love with. On our way to the playground afterwards an older gentleman stopped to admire the kids. I think he was just using it as an in to start talking to us but whatever. He proceeded to tell us the story of his 37 year old baby girl who is a computer something in Manhattan. He told us that she lives on 5th Ave and 30th St with her husband Peter. He went on and then mentioned that she was a vegetarian and became one in college. "One day she showed up at the door at home and said this Peter, my husband. Peter is the last piece of meat she ate." I don't know how many ways there are to interpret that but I could only think of one. When he started the story again I left to find Bohdin who had run ahead to the playground. Buddy said he told the story 3 times.

Nyla is by no means a vegetarian yet. She's a meat eater. Everybody keeps asking if I'm going to make her a smash cake for her birthday. I put a piece of banana bread on her plate yesterday. She looked at it and thought about touching it but then decided not to. Maybe I'll make her a meatloaf instead. She would like that much better.

Nyla's walking skills have improved dramatically the past few days. She's taking more steps and she is choosing to walk instead of crawl more often. Buddy is going on trip this Sunday and won't be back until Friday. I think he is going to be surprised at her progress when he gets back. She could be a completely different baby by then. She will also be one when he gets back.

When Bohdin went to the playground yesterday a boy was playing on the play structure and dropped his ball. Bohdin went to get it for him but was a little timid. On his second attempt he picked up the ball and asked the little boy if he could borrow it. The boy told him he shouldn't pick up stuff that wasn't his. I was proud of Bohdin for talking to him. He's getting better at approaching kids. The little boy was playing with the ball by pretending to be Indiana Jones and looking for it. I felt a little bad for Bohdin that he had said no despite my post of yesterday. They ended up playing together anyway so it worked out okay.

3 comments:

P said...

I hope you misheard the old man because that was just nasty.

Anonymous said...

Take Bohdin to see Wall-e. It was quite fun and had a big "green" message. Just don't go in too early so he doesn't get bored with the trailers, etc

Anonymous said...

Wow, this year went fast! It's great Buddy will get to get home on her birthday. Hope she enjoys her meatloaf "cake". Going to sculpt it in any special shape?
More video of her walking, please!