Below is also a picture of Bohdin as a mail carrier. He wanted to play again last night. I think my purse actually looks good on him. I should make myself a new purse and he can keep that one.
Bohdin is currently in love with a video we ckecked out from the library called "Meet the Shapes". It's a strange video because of the narration. Here is an example: "Circle. Circle. Circle. Circle. Circle. Circle." It goes on and on. It must be crack for the preschool set because he can't get enough. He did recognize that the gazebo was an octogon yesterday though so I suppose it's educational.
Someone put up a poll on a forum I frequent asking what do you consider walking distance. I chose one mile for a one way trip so about two to three miles total would be my personal limit for walking to the grocery store or the playground or whatever. The majority of people chose the same response although 20% chose a further distance. (10% chose .5 mile) Somebody commented that she generally bikes everywhere with her 2 children since pretty much everything they need is in 5 mile radius. We had about the same situation back in Broomfield but here everything is further. We decided against getting a bike trailer because we really can't use it here. The general area is not biking friendly. I can't bike to Target, Walmart or even the grocery store. It's just not set up for that here. We have to drive pretty much everywhere.

2 comments:
I miss playing with the kids.
Nana
I am going to try a recipe from Cooks Illustrated (ATC) today - firecraker chicken in honor of the 4th of july. It is supposed to be really spicy, so I will let you know how it turns out. Maybe I will make it when you come out here.
Make sure you teach Bodhin how to give people the wrong mail, you want to teach him how to do things the right way.
Post a Comment