With Buddy's mom here I was finally able to drag Buddy down to DC. We went to the Hirshhorn gallery which houses nternational modern and contemporary art including a collection of modern sculpture. (I copied that from their website.) I thought this might be the most Bohdin friendly of the museums. I was wrong. He's just at a poor museum age. We saw a little bit though and I think we all enjoyed the sculptures outside. Bohdin's favorite was the fountain outside and the contemporary moving-image art (videos for us lay people). He didn't understand or even care about the videos but he had fun running from room to room and even jumping over one of the images that was projected on the floor. It was hot that day and we unfortunately missed the Folk Art Festival that was going on. We'll try next year. We also stopped at the American Indian Museum for lunch and a quick look at the dress exhibit. It was pretty neat. To get to the museum we had to walk past the Air and Space museum which is really really long. We saw long crowds waiting to go into the museum. I've been in there and I wouldn't wait in line when it's that hot outside to get in. There's too much other great stuff out there. That being said my favorite part of the National Mall is the outdoor areas. I enjoy taking the time to sit and enjoy the beautiful landscaping. There are many gardens scattered about and each of them is a treasure so far.
On Sunday we went to Baltimore. Baltimore is a bit closer to us and finding a parking spot doesn't take 20 minutes. We had been there twice before but both times were very cold and windy. Yesterday was hot but not unbearable. We went to Fell's Point which is a historic area along the harbor. We took a slow water taxi to the Inner Harbor area which is just a retail development a short way from Fell's Point. My favorite thing about this area is the name of the streets. I can't help but smile when I see Fleet St. and Bond St. It was a nice outing.
Going to DC messed with Nyla and Bohdin's nap schedule. At 11:20 pm they were both still awake. I put Nyla next to Bohdin and told them to go to sleep. Instead they started to quietly play with each other. I was laying right next to Nyla with my arm around her so I could feel them tickling each other. They were giggling in the dark. It was such a sweet thing. I love seeing them interact nicely. They did go to sleep soon after.
When we came back from Baltimore yesterday Bohdin grabbed my purse and decided to play mailman. It's a new game for him and I'm not sure what spurred this. He delivered various contents of my purse to both me and Nana. After a while he started loading my purse with books and other things to deliver. He had a pretty good time with it. Bohdin was pretty late picking up on imaginative play so it's nice to see him do it.
I may have to update later as I remember all of the things I meant to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment