Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Can I call truce?

I was trying to clean up a bit yesterday. I don't know why I try though. It seems messier afterwards. Nyla likes to come behind me and scatter things on the floor. Bohdin is more direct and just dumps a bucket of toys. After Bohdin's nap yesterday he was hungry. Dinner was ready but Nyla was asleep. I thought we could all sit down together when she woke up in a few minutes. Bohdin decided to get himself a snack which consisted of nuts, crackers, and 2 boxes of Cheerios. When I had him put everything away later he apparently just put it on the floor of the kitchen. Nyla saw her opportuntity and spilled the cereal. In the background of the picture you may be able to see the oatmeal packets she scattered earlier.


 
 
 
 

Yesterday was a really really long day. Nyla ended up taking 3 short naps instead of her usual 2. I had about 5 minutes when both kids were sleeping. In addition, we ended up going to bed really late. It was 11pm when Nyla fell asleep. Bohdin and I fell asleep soon afterwards. Their nap times are my time to relax. I hope today goes better. Sometimes when Nyla is going to sleep she pulls her hair out. I don't know why and it is almost not worth it to try to stop her since there is not a way to stop her without agitating her. Last night when I was gently holding her arm it sounded like she said "nhm uhm" and pulled away.

This morning Nyla was pissed that I took a bag of pretzels away from her which she was dumping on the ground. She fought me for that bag and when I won she really teared up. Earlier she took off the cap from the empty milk bottle while I was trying to clean and unrolled the toilet paper while I was putting my contacts in. Yesterday when Bohdin was sleeping she found some cards from a game and scattered them on the floor. She picked a few up and put them in her dresser drawer. I did enjoy the irony that the back of each card was marked Sorry!. She's entering the messy stage and it's going to be really messy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: