Nyla has the amazing ability to chew through anything. She has chewed through DVD covers, a hard plastic ring, and most recently my steering wheel. When I was changing her in the front seat of the car after the beach she was holding on to the steering wheel. I didn't realize she would take a bite out of it. Of course it is in a well used spot and now I'm finding the spot quite annoying. Bohdin collects sticks almost everytime we are outside so we usually have at least one stick in the car. Nyla chews through that as well. I wish she could just chew on a teething toy but she has no interest in those.
We bought the Flip camcorder for a joint mother's and father's day present. So far I think Bohdin is enjoying it the most. He has recorded a few things but mostly he likes to watch himself on tv. At first he would ask "How can there be two Bohdins?". He would also talk to Nyla on the tv. Now he just laughs at his hilarious escapades. He is his own biggest fan.
It was pretty quiet yesterday. Nyla has been having a hard time falling asleep the last few days. If that doesn't clear up soon we'll make some adjustments once Buddy returns. Our whole schedule will have to be tweaked then anyway.
Here is a video from miniature golf on Saturday. Buddy is playing the purple ball and hits a hole in one with Bohdin's assistance. As you can see, Bohdin is not the next Tiger Woods.
2 comments:
Was Nyla sent here from the planet Bismoll, home of Matter-Eater Lad and Calorie Queen? And no, I did not make any of those names up, they're just proof that the 60s were a really, really odd time for comic books. Anyway, you need to help her learn how to use her powers for good, and not evil; with super-chewing comes super-responsibility, or something like that.
"He is his own biggest fan" is just begging for yet another "just like his dad!" joke, but I think we all know that I'm actually Buddy's biggest fan;I mean, how can you not not cheer for a guy who's willing to bounce golf balls off their own son to improve their score? Some might call it child abuse, but I call it good strategy. Keep up the good work, bro. Oh, and can I get an autograph?
I do need to help her use her powers for good. I need to think of how though.
Post a Comment