We went to Costco yesterday to have lunch. I gave Bohdin the berry smoothie to hold as usual. Somehow he tripped and spilled half of the drink. He was so sad that he had spilled it. It took several minutes to clean up with the small napkins they had. Plus I had Nyla in one arm. We had to ask for a new cup because ours had broken. Bohdin wanted a new lid also but I didn't want to go back and ask. He was sad there was only half of our smoothie left. When we arrived at our table somehow Bohdin managed to drop the cup again. This time it landed upside down. There was nothing left for us to drink. Again I had to use those small napkins and clean up the mess while holding Nyla. I felt bad for Bohdin because he really wanted his berry drink and he had just had a terrible run of bad luck. For a second I considered buying a new one but then I didn't.
There is a sign outside the library that says No Parking. Bohdin had asked me a million times what that sign says and now knows it. Whenever we pass it he says "That sign says no parking." Last night he said the o makes a "no" sound. I was trying to explain to him that the letter o can sound like o or ah like in ostrich or octopus or office. He then added "and sausage". How is a person supposed to learn to read English with all of these contradictory rules? I didn't correct Bohdin. He'll figure it out someday.

4 comments:
what a bummer. I bet he starts using a gi joe kung fu grip to hold on to his smoothie next time.
it is a little confusing, but he will figure it out in kindergarten when he starts learning phonics. (if not sooner, the little toot is so smart)
I didn't know if it was too confusing to tell him that au makes a short o sound right after I told him that o can make 2 sounds. Why can't it be sosauge?
good job on the photo, Helen. Nyla is so sweet in this one!
Post a Comment