The weather forecast for the area looks terrible. Yesterday was in the mid 80s and humid but for the foreseeable future it will be in the 90s. I don't know how we will go outside. The giant mosquitoes chase us in the evening and during the day it is pretty miserable. There doesn't seem to be enough time in the morning before Nyla's nap but we may have to try. I wanted to turn on the AC and couldn't figure out how. Turning it on at the thermostat didn't work. I had the windows open and a box fan running but it made the inside feel like a swamp. The wood floors were sticky and the carpet felt damp. It was very muggy. I couldn't take it anymore and luckily found a switch to turn the system on. When the $200 bill comes I want to remember how miserable I was without AC.
When I was putting Bohdin to sleep I was watching the weather because strong storms were moving across the area. They were still sort of far. I thought I would keep my eye on them and if it came to it I would wake up the kids and take them downstairs. The storm came in with a big bang so I refreshed the weather report on the computer. It said tornado warning take cover. I was laying between 2 sleeping kids. Before I wake them up to take cover there better be a serious threat. The tornado warning was for the entire county and actually the surrounding counties as well. The power went out and I lost my internet connection. I couldn't get any further info. It sounded pretty bad outside but luckily I couldn't see. Watching the news this morning I think I would have been pretty scared. The power came back on quickly but we lost power a few more times. By the time I was able to find the remote under Bohdin about 5 minutes later the storm had passed and there were possible tornado sightings east of here. It turns out there were no tornadoes. When I told Buddy he thought I should have been more cautious. I reminded him that he did nothing while sirens were going off. There were not sirens going off here. Soon our power went out and stayed off. We went to the grocery store and bought sushi for dinner. Bohdin loves sushi. I gave Nyla a piece but in hindsight I don't think it was a good idea. I took the imitation crab out but it still touched the other things. For the record she loved it. Four hours later our power came back on.
Bohdin put his hand out the window 2 nights ago and asked me to figure out why his hand hurt. I explained the wind was pushing on his hand and the faster we go the harder it would push. He did it again last night and wanted me to go faster. He doesn't understand speed limits yet. He likes to have his window open because the wind blows Nyla's hair. He thinks that is funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment