Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

I should have started this blog earlier since many people don't know what I consider old news. Buddy has been gone at a school in Virginia since the end of March. We see him most weekends since it's about a 3 hour drive without traffic. He'll be back here in 2 weeks. Buddy needed to do some classwork on Sunday so we left a little after one. Bohdin was still awake when we made it to DC so we got out for a stretching break. I also needed a break from telling stories. Bohdin wanted me to tell the story of Bohdin, Tyken, Diego, Dora, and Natas racing on gokarts over and over and over again. Bohdin found a stick along the way and was watering the grass by putting the stick in a puddle and then shaking it over the grass.

 
 
Posted by Picasa


While Buddy is at school he is staying in a military hotel. It's not too different from a motel room expect it has a large fridge, some cabinets, and a small sink. The microwave sounds like it is about to explode. The room is very dark and pretty dingy. We stayed at a Comfort Inn Friday night and Bohdin said he liked daddy's new home better.

On the drive down on Friday I asked Bohdin to answer some questions about Buddy.
favorite drink: orange juice
favorite food: gum
favorite thing to do: play trains
I am positive that Buddy's favorite thing to do is not play trains. He does like orange juice and gum though.

I aksed Buddy when he thought Nyla would walk and he thought before her birthday which is the end of July. I disagree so we'll see in a few weeks who is right. Nyla cruises around holding onto the walls. She deosn't stand much on her own although she can. I think it's a safety mechanism. Bodhin likes to knock her down. For her sake I hope she waits a long time to walk. A new ability combines aptitude and desire. Friday was the first time Nyla looked like she really wanted to walk. I was blowing bubbles outside and Bohdin was chasing them. Nyla wanted so badly to get a bubble but the wind blew them out of her reach. It's just over 5 weeks until her birthday. A lot can happen between now and then.

4 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

At the mention of Buddy playing trains, I had flashbacks to that railroad game we played a few times back in Parker, and the phrase "It's a race!" popped into my head. I say that all the time, and nobody has any idea what I'm referencing . . . which isn't all that unusual for me, actually.

Oh, the picture links are broken, btw.

Helen said...

Thanks. i think they're fixed now.

I don't know what you're referencing but we'll see if Buddy remembers. He says is memory is going lately. I'm glad he's finally admitting it.

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Wouldn't surprise me if I was the only one to remember "It's a race" -- the oddest things stick with me that nobody else recalls.

Great pic of Bohdin with the Washington Monument in the background.

Anonymous said...

Bohdin, quit knocking Nyla down.....