Saturday, June 14, 2008

Virginia beach

For Father's Day we decided to come down to Virginia and go to the beach. It is something Buddy has been wanting to do. I didn't because I had been there years ago and it was a trash dump. Literally the beach was covered in trash. A lot of work has been done in the area and the beach is nicer now. The strip still looks really tired. Bohdin loved the beach. He had fun digging with his digger but what he really loved is being in the water. The water was a little cool so it felt perfect. He would stand in a little bit of water. The waves would come and take the sand from around his feet making him feel like he was sliding. He probably could have stayed there all day. Nyla unfortunatley was done after about an hour. We ate lunch at a restaurant that was highly recommended to Buddy by one of his classmates. It was just average. It was a two hour drive back for Fort Lee. (We didn't start from Fort Lee due to a series of unpleasant circumstances the day before making it a horrendous day.)


 
 
 
 


This evening we went to play minature golf. Bohdin thought he did okay. Afterwards he and Buddy went on the go cart which he loved.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cap'n Neurotic said...

Two things.

(1) I remember my first trip to the beach as a kid, I did the same thing as Bohdin, letting the water move the sand around my feet; at that point in time, it was the freakiest, yet coolest, feeling in the world. Can't even begin to tell you how long I stood there doing it.

(2) Did Buddy learn from his mistake like Bohdin did and wear sun-screen? Would hate for him to spend Father's Day all sunburned.

Helen said...

Thanks for sharing your beach story. Buddy did wear sunscreen.

Unknown said...

The first time I went to the beach (that I remember) was in Corpus Christi and I think I got stung by about 10 jellyfish that day. We went through a whole can of meat tenderizer, but I never got peed on, so I consider that a win on my part.