I see tooth #8 now. I'm not sure if I should hope that is the reason for the fussiness or not. There are twelve more to go. Nyla is sitting next to me playing right now instead of taking her nap. It's been a few months since we had nap trouble so I suppose we're due.
We were at the pool for 2 hours yesterday at midday. Bohdin and I are starting to look a little brown. Nyla was completely covered in sunscreen so she's still white. Bohdin wanted to play at the playground before going to the pool but we were meeting someone and I was hot from the walk over. We went back to the playground after nap time. The mosquitoes were out in force so we left after just a few minutes. In the car Bohdin complained of itchiness. I told him we would go to Walmart and pick up some calamine lotion to help. He had 5 bites on his back from the previous day and I don't know how many new bites. When we arrived at Walmart Bohdin was acting just like usual. Once inside the store at the main aisle crossroads, Bohdin started coughing and then threw up. It was just out of nowhere. He hadn't had dinner yet because he wasn't hungry. The McDonalds was right there but they only had napkins behind the counter. I cut in line and asked for napkins. I cleaned up the mess the best I could. When I was done cleaning I looked up and saw 5 employees watching. Buddy said he would have said something. It's a very ghetto Walmart and frankly I would have been surprised if they had helped. He felt fine afterwards and we walked over to Costco and he asked for food.
I've read a ton of books to Bohdin and I wish I could remember them all. I briefly started a list one summer but I don't know where that went. These are our recent library picks. if I seem critical it's because I've read probably a thousand.
Dinosaur Dinosaur - Lewis - This was a repeat for us. Bohdin still enjoyed it. It's pretty good and I would recommend it.
When Dinosaurs Go to School - Linda Martin - unremarkable book about getting ready to go school
Diary of a Worm - Cronin - cute book that Bohdin enjoyed but he was too young to get some of the jokes. I'm not sure if this is the same author as Diary of a Wombat
Toy Boat - Seve - okay book about a toy boat that has an adventure. Bohdin liked the sound effects of the different boats.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - Bill Martin Jr - I'm not sure how we've gone so long without reading this one. Bohdin loved it and would always say the chicka chicka boom boom part. I would recommend this one.
Mosquitoes - Meister - nonfiction book about mosquitoes
Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten - Slate - nice rhyming book about animals getting ready for kindergarten. The author has 26 different animals get ready. Each animal's name starts with a different letter of the alphabet. She gets extra credit for having the animals all start with the corresponding letter - Gwen the Gorilla and Vicky the Vole. The animal type is only mentioned in the back of the book in a sort of yearbook page fashion.
5 comments:
did Bohdin like the "We Go Together Book" the one that was not a present, according to him. The author is coming out with another book of the same genre and was wondering if I should pick it up and give it to him. but definitely not as a gift, since I learned my lesson the last time.
We would certainly read it if we had it but I wouldn't get it unless you want to support your friend.
Last week (or the week before) Allison brought home a book called "I Stink" by Kate McMullen. She thought it was really good.
I need to get back to keeping up with books I read/read with or to the kids.
We've read "I Stink". If Allison liked that she may enjoy "I'm Dirty" by the same author. Bohdin liked it much better.
I love Diary of a Worm, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and Miss Bindergarten gets ready for Kindergarten. I own them and used to read them to my students.
Post a Comment