Having an older sibling, Nyla has also learned how to play with toys at an earlier age. Bohdin has a red truck that Nyla likes to play with. She also plays with all of his track and trains. Really anything Bohdin deems worthy of attention, Nyla will also want. I'm hoping this translates into eating but I'm not going to hold my breath. Last night, Bohdin practically inhaled a plate of brocolli and carrots. I don't think any other food makes him stuff his face like brocolli. We were sharing a plate of it and I only got one bite in before it was all gone. I can't say I was sad though.
Here is Nyla playing with Bohdin's trains while he is asleep. If he was awake he would be yelling at her and giving her a different train to play with. He has 3 Thomas trains but Nyla can only play with the ones he doesn't want to play with. It's better than nothing though I guess.
Prior to moving to Maryland we didn't have cable. Bohdin had very limited tv time and didn't know a lot of the major cartoon characters since we didn't have those channels. He has discovered Dora and Diego and Mickey Mouse. Dora is an interactive show that asks the viewer to jump or say something. For a long time Bohdin would refuse to do it but he has begun to participate. He also likes to hide from Swiper the Fox which I think is funny. He actually leaves the room when that character appears. I know it is said that tv rots the brain but I actually think he learns a few things from there. Not so much the Nickelodean shows but the PBS shows are good, particualarly Word World and Super Why. He seems to be learning some prereading skills. He has been trying to rhyme and sound words out. He doesn't do a great job but it's nice that he's trying. Mostly he just picks out two words and say they don't rhyme.

2 comments:
well, knowing what doesn't go can be just as important as knowing what does! Good job, Bohdin!
Nyla looks like she enjoys trains, too. Does she play with the kitchen much (besides emptying the shelves)?
Allison also loves Super Why. Then, she loves anything with super heroes.
I think that Word World is incredibly clever. I love that they make the objects out of the word.
Post a Comment