Sunday, June 8, 2008

Big Brown No Triple Crown

I had meant to post this earlier but forgot. We did watch the Belmont yesterday with Bohdin and Nyla. He picked #7 but when he found out Big Brown was #1 he wanted Big Brown #7. Bohdin picked #9 for Nyla. It seemed like a long slow race. In the end, #6 won. Bohdin started crying and said he wanted #6. Nyla picked up the remote and entered 666. In hindsight I pick #6 also.

In the car the other day Bohdin was talking about something. After a very long pause he asks why.
me: (thinking "why" what) I don't understand what you're asking.
Bohdin: I don't understand what you're asking
me: I'm not asking a question.
So goes a stimulating conversation with a 3 year old. Sometimes he does seem to ask why out of nowhere. Am I supposed to be reading his thoughts? I don't know.

1 comment:

P said...

How ironic, I started crying after the derby when Buddy talked me out of a winning trifecta. The phone is off next year.