I checked the load status of the plane before leaving the house yesterday and it looked good. There were 10 seats in coach available. We didn't have any problems leaving. Everything went really smoothly. When we arrived at the airport the plane was delayed an hour. The line was very long for security but it moved quickly. We made it to our gate and sat down. When they started calling for volunteers to take another flight by offering free tickets I thought our chances of being able to fly standby were nonexistent. I had the news on prior to leaving and saw that the train line serving the airport was running late. I don't know if that caused enough people to miss the earlier flight to bump us off. It could have been a multitude of factors. Bohdin was sad that he couldn't ride on the airplane. I was disappointed also.
When I made it to the conveyor belt of the security line I was rummaging through my stuff trying to get it organized. I turned around and Bohdin had already taken a bin and put his shoes in it. He's a seasoned traveler.
Uncle Paul sent a coupon for a free train at Toys-R-Us so after Nyla's nap we went to go pick one out. The coupon only had a certain value so the choices were limited. Bohdin picked the musical caboose. Later that day he pointed out that there was a crack in the wheel. I'm glad I only paid 78 cents for it.
I was in Target one time about a year ago. There was a baby that was crying loudly. The crying went on for quite some time. It made me a little uncomfortable. I didn't know if I should go tell this crappy parent to try to calm their baby down. I could see that other people were wondering about it also. One should never judge though since I became that parent on Thursday. I carried Nyla into Michael's for a quick errand. I needed to find some beads. They have a huge selection and Bohdin was having fun looking at all of them. When I bent down Nyla was able to grab some beads. She thought this was great so when I stood up again she was mad. She wanted to get down again and pull beads off the shelf. That did not sound like a good idea to me so I kept carrying her. She cried her loudest cry and would not stop. She only wanted down but it wasn't going to happen. I started getting looks in the store so we ended up leaving without any beads. Now I wonder if that baby and parent in Target were having a similar moment and I jumped to the wrong conclusion. I wasn't neglecting Nyla I was just saying no to her need to get down and make a mess.
I was cleaning up toys prior to our trip. Bohdin and I put away all of the toys for his play kitchen. When it was all cleaned up we moved on to the bedroom but Nyla stayed behind in the living room. She proceeded to empty the cupboards in Bohdin's play kitchen. Five minutes of cleaning all negated. Why do I bother? I didn't overdo the cleaning though so I had an easy time to getting ready. Also Nyla wasn't trying to unpack the suitcase while I packed. That helped a lot.
Here are some of Bohdin's books from this week:
Tip Tip Dig Dig - Garcia - A simple construction book. Bohdin liked it and so did I since it was really easy to read.
Frog - Cooper - an okay book about a boy who learns to swim after seeing a trapped frog in his pool
Blueberry Mouse - Low - This was a good book that Bohdin enjoyed. It had some singing in it. I would recommend this one.
Finklehopper Frog Cheers - Livingston - Preachy book about doing your best. I can't understand how it has won awards.
Tissue Please - Kopelke - Another sort of preachy book about using a tissue instead of not.
A Pipkin of Pepper - Cooper - Okay book that Bohdin enjoyed about some animals making a trek into the city to get salt. It talks about staying where you are when you get lost
My Life as a Chicken - Kelley - I like finding books that use bigger words but this was just too much for us right now. Defining prevail every time I read the book was not fun. We'll try it again in a few years.
Tiger, Tiger - Lillegard - A book about a boy imagining a tiger. It's not Bohdin's style.
No comments:
Post a Comment